[CDash] database size issue

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 13 22:26:57 UTC 2016

Hi, I just got a note from my web hosting co, saying that my sql use
attributed to cdash is too large. I poked around and it seems that I
have set cdash to delete builds older than 30 days via the admin panel,
but that is not occurring. I tried to run the autoRemoveBuilds script
from the shell but the first attempt ran for a while before it reported
"Terminated". My subsequent attempts error out, see output pasted below.

Can anyone advise on how to delete the old builds?

    host190:~/www/CDash$php --version
    PHP 5.6.27 (cli) (built: Oct 20 2016 20:14:23)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
         with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection
    from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v5.1.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2016,
    by ionCube Ltd.
         with SourceGuardian v11.0.2, Copyright (c) 2000-2016, by
    SourceGuardian Ltd.
         with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2014, by Zend
    Technologies
         with Zend OPcache v7.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2015, by Zend
    Technologies

    host190:~/www/CDash$php autoRemoveBuilds.php all
    removing builds for all
       -- removing old buildids for projectid: 1
    Terminated

    host190:~/www/CDash$php autoRemoveBuilds.php all
    removing builds for all
       -- removing old buildids for projectid: 1
    MySQL server has gone awaySQL error in remove_build():MySQL server
    has gone away<br>  -- removing old buildids for projectid: 1
    MySQL server has gone awaySQL error in
    dailyupdates::removeFirstBuilds():MySQL server has gone away<br>  --
    removing old buildids for projectid: 2
       -- removing old buildids for projectid: 2