[CDash] [Cdash] Problem sorting by the Time column

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Fri Oct 23 19:06:15 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:04 PM, David Cole <DLRdave at aol.com> wrote:

> On a not unrelated note...
>
> Since this set of updates:
> https://open.cdash.org/viewChanges.php?project=CDash&date=2015-10-07
>
> 80+ tests are failing persistently on multiple submitters every night
> on the CDash dashboard.
>
> Are any of the 3 authors involved (you, Patrick Reynolds and Jamie
> Snape) planning to fix these test failures?

This update introduced a new installation step that the site maintainers
will need to perform:

https://github.com/Kitware/CDash#installation

Even before that, there were a handful of persistently failing tests
> on several dashboard submitters.
>
> I know from painful experience that it is difficult to diagnose CDash
> test failures sometimes, but the current state of the system would
> appear to be quite miserable. Only 1 out of 85 tests passes on the
> machine I'm submitting a dashboard from.....

It's true that there's still a couple flaky tests floating around, but
hopefully we'll be able to fix these up.  The goal is to be get trustworthy
pass/fail results from CircleCI whenever a pull request is created.