[Cdash] Emma coverage

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Tue Mar 31 17:22:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Nils Gladitz <nilsgladitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am manually collecting java emma coverage during one of our project test
> runs and saw that CDash now also supports analysing emma coverage.
>
> Can anyone elaborate how this works?
>
> I assume part of it is CMake's new ctest_submit(CDASH_UPLOAD)?

That's right.

> Looking at the CDash changes it seems to expect a tar file with json files
> in it.
>
> Emma seems to be able to generate (summarizing) reports in txt, html and
> xml. The metadata (coverage.em) and runtime coverage (coverage.ec) input
> files look binary.
>
> How are the expected json files generated?

To get Java coverage working for CDash we ended up having to fork Emma.  As
you may have noticed, Emma only outputs "line by line" coverage information
for its HTML reporter (not .txt or XML).  For this reason, we ended up
modifying the HTML reporter to also generate JSON files, as these would be
easier for CDash to parse.

I just uploaded our fork of Emma here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/zackgalbreath/emma

Alternatively, you can download a pre-built jar from here:
http://www.cmake.org/files/dev/emma.jar