[Cdash] Emma coverage

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:55:30 UTC 2015

I am manually collecting java emma coverage during one of our project
test runs and saw that CDash now also supports analysing emma coverage.

Can anyone elaborate how this works?

I assume part of it is CMake's new ctest_submit(CDASH_UPLOAD)?

Looking at the CDash changes it seems to expect a tar file with json
files in it.

Emma seems to be able to generate (summarizing) reports in txt, html and
xml. The metadata (coverage.em) and runtime coverage (coverage.ec) input
files look binary.

How are the expected json files generated?

Nils