[Cdash] cdash upgrade and no longer sending emails

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Mar 27 17:06:26 UTC 2015

On Friday, March 27, 2015 12:52:59 PM Zack Galbreath wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>
>
> wrote:
> > In CDash 2.2, send_update_email() only sends emails to site maintainers
> > for
> > update errors.
>
> This was an intentional change.  If something goes wrong during the update
> step then its probably an issue that the site maintainer will have to fix.
> The developers who happened to have checked in code on that day will most
> likely be unable to address the problem.

Sure.
It does make sense to send svn errors to site maintainers.

But I question the removal of UpdateHandler from this code:
   if($handler instanceof TestingHandler ||
     $handler instanceof BuildHandler ||
     $handler instanceof ConfigureHandler ||
     $handler instanceof DynamicAnalysisHandler)
    {
    sendemail($handler, $projectid);
    }

If I change to
   if($handler instanceof TestingHandler ||
     $handler instanceof BuildHandler ||
     $handler instanceof UpdateHandler ||
     $handler instanceof ConfigureHandler ||
     $handler instanceof DynamicAnalysisHandler)
    {
    sendemail($handler, $projectid);
    }

Now I'm getting emails for my commits.