[Cdash] How to send a JUnit result file to CDash server with CTest?

Guillaume Jacquenot guillaume.jacquenot at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:23:46 UTC 2015

I would like to send the results of my C/C++ unit tests to CDash server and
see all of them, not just the aggregated result produced with an add_test
command in the CMakeLists.txt.

If I include all my tests in a single executable, a CMake add_test command
will only show one test, and so does CDash.

I use Google Test unit testing framework
<https://code.google.com/p/googletest/>. I have found a workaround with a GTest
CMake macro: GTEST_ADD_TESTS
<http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/module/FindGTest.html>, that creates
a add_test command for each of unit test. It works fine, however execution
times increases a lot, because of the large number of calls to the unit
testing program.

So my question is how to send a JUnit XML result file (generated with a
Google Test program for example) to a CDash server, so that all tests
appear in CDash?

Apparently, it is possible to do it with CDash
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CDash:XML#CDash_with_JUnit> 2.2.* , but I could
not find out how it was working

PS1: I know some people
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6329215/how-to-get-ctest-results-in-hudson-jenkins>
have tried to convert the XML CTest test file to XML JUnit for Jenkins
integration.

PS2: I have asked this question on stackoverflow also

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27459551/how-to-send-a-junit-result-file-to-cdash-server-with-ctest

Best regards

Guillaume Jacquenot