[Cdash] Allow multiple coverage submissions for the same buildid

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:47:33 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 12:35 PM, David Cole wrote:
> Why not simply submit another build with the second coverage type (and
> a different build name)?

That sounds good too.
How would I go about implementing this?

Can this be done from a single ctest job script run or would I have to
run it once for each buildid?

I assume it would involve more than e.g.:

set(CTEST_BUILD_NAME "${CTEST_BUILD_NAME}-emma")
ctest_submit(CDASH_UPLOAD ... CDASH_UPLOAD_TYPE JavaJSONTar) ?

> I think you'll also need to decide how to handle multiple coverage
> types from the link on top level page, and on the coverage summary
> page itself. (Either links to multiple summaries, or a summary that
> takes into account multiple types.)
>
> Certainly more work than simply adding to the primary key...

I was thinking separate summaries like I would get from distinct builds.

If I can submit just the emma coverage under a new buildid that would
basically be what I want.

Nils