[Cdash] Flag test as skipped or not run at runtime

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 10:21:40 UTC 2014

> Would there be any support to still request a regex based solution as
> well at some point in the future as was suggested as an option in the
> bug? Something like:
>
> SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES(MyTest PROPERTIES SKIPPED_REGULAR_EXPRESSION
> "SKIP;SKIPPED")
>
> I know I really should take a closer look at the codebase myself to
> see if I contribute :)

Yes, you should. ;-)

I would support you. If you make a patch for it, and then agree to
update it as needed to fix any problems on the dashboard, I'll foster
it through the process of getting it into CMake 'next', and encourage
the dev team to accept it into 'master'.

If you do decide to contribute to ctest, you can start here:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git/Develop

I would recommend the name "SKIP_REGULAR_EXPRESSIONS" (plural with an
'S' if it's multiple expressions, and "SKIP" not "SKIPPED") since the
existing property is named "SKIP_RETURN_CODE".

Good luck!

David C.