[Cdash] Lock timeouts after MySQL MyISAM -> InnoDB migration

Martin Apel martin.apel at simpack.de
Thu Jan 9 15:14:08 UTC 2014

I had the exact same problem a few days ago. In my case it turned out,
that accidentally on my Linux machine nsswitch.conf was configured to
first ask DNS for name resolution and only afterwards look at the /etc/hosts
file. Then DNS took rather long and the timeout occurred, before it
could respond.
Changing the order in nsswitch.conf fixed the problem at our site.

Hope this helps,

Martin

On 09/01/14 15:37, Nils Gladitz wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 03:10 PM, David Cole wrote:
>> Also, you can force processing of submissions manually by visiting the
>> processsubmissions.php page directly in your web browser. (Just as a
>> workaround until you figure our why it's not happening automatically.)

> With some help from Igor I locally patched do_submit.php to catch curl
> failures and emit them to the CDash error log:
>       [2014-01-09T15:21:30][ERROR][pid=15339](3): Couldn't resolve host
> 'localhostCDash'
>
> Changing
>       $CDASH_CURL_LOCALHOST_PREFIX='CDash';
>       $CDASH_CURL_LOCALHOST_PREFIX='/CDash';
> fixed that.
>
> But now I get:
>       [2014-01-09T15:26:00][ERROR][pid=17082](3): Operation timed out
> after 1000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
>
> Nils

Martin Apel
Software Architect
Phone:   + 49 8105 77266-53
E-Mail:  martin.apel at simpack.de

SIMPACK AG
Friedrichshafener Strasse 1, 82205 Gilching, Germany
info at simpack.de, www.simpack.com
Phone: + 49 8105 77266-0
Fax:   + 49 8105 77266-11

Executive Board: Dr. Alexander Eichberger, Dr. Lutz Mauer
Chair of Supervisory Board: Silvia Förster (CPA)
Commercial Register München HRB 181 229