[Cdash] CDash with Apache basic auth

Michael T. Campbell soill.gringo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 00:12:01 UTC 2013

Hello,

I apologize if this has been beat to death, but after searching for some
time I couldn't find any advice (that I could understand) regarding how to
set up CDash to accept submissions when apache authentication is used.

Any help on this would be deeply appreciated.

The problem is that our submissions to CDash fail if authentication is
enabled:
 Error when uploading file:
/home/mtcampbe/Downloads/CDashTest/Testing/20130403-2352/Build.xml
   Error message was: The requested URL returned error: 401

Our apache config looks something like this:
<Directory /var/www/html/CDash>
           Order allow,deny
           Allow from all
           AllowOverride AuthConfig
           AuthType Basic
           AuthName "IR CDash"
           AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-file
           Require valid-user
</Directory>

With the following:
<Files dailyupdatescurl.php>
    Options +ExecCGI +Indexes +Includes
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
</Files>
<Files processsubmissions.php>
    Options +ExecCGI +Indexes +Includes
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
</Files>
<Files submit.php>
    Options +ExecCGI +Indexes +Includes
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
</Files>

When authentication is turned OFF, it works great.  Folks can submit, but
when we turn it on, it fails.   We want our CDash to be available only to
our employees/authenticated users - but for submissions by recognized users
to succeed.  Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks (in advance) for your help!

Cheers,
-Mike