[Cdash] Is it possible to authenticate user using LDAP when CDash is embedded in other site

Andreas Schuh andreas.schuh.84 at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 20:08:05 UTC 2012

Thanks, Julien, unfortunatley my experience with web development is
not very profound.

Could you please give me some more pointers on how this would roughly
look like? Basically, I was thinking to mimic the actions a user would
need to do at the moment, i.e., log in to CDash (which is displayed at
the moment inside an iframe) and then as long as they are logged in
they can access the pages without requiring them to enter their
credentials, due to the stored session ID.

Would your solution be to send such HTTP basic authentication together
with every GET request using a ChiliProject plugin which actually
sends out all these requests and handles the responses, or is there a
way to have CDash store the session ID after the first request as it
does it via a cookie stored client-side when I log in manually on the
login page?

I just played with the curl command

curl -v -k --basic 'user:password' URL

to see what's going on and it returned the requested page just fine.
However, the page still had the "Login" link in the top menu which
suggests to me that CDash did not consider me being logged in
actually.

Also

curl -v -k -c cookie.txt -d 'user:password' <domain>/cdash/user.php

followed by

curl -v -k -c cookie.txt <domain>/cdash/

did not help. Also when I tried to access the index page of a
non-public project, I only got the login page as response.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks and sorry for my very basic knowledge of these web technologies,
Andreas