[Cdash] Partial submission to CDash track

Olivier Pierard olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Fri Apr 13 09:04:16 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I just faced a strange behavior of the CDash, which is maybe a bug.

I submit my ctest results (configure/build/tests) to the CDash track
'Nightly 1.7 release' instead of the 'Nightly' with the command
'ctest_start(${TESTMODEL} TRACK "Nightly 1.7 release")'

As build and tests are quite long, we use the 'PARTS' option of the
ctest_submit after each operation.

configure, build and test go to the right 'Nightly 1.7 release'  track
but tests go the the 'Nightly' track.

The log of the Test.xml file is:

Submit files (using http)
   Send to track: Nightly 1.7 release
   Using HTTP submit method
   Drop site:http://cdash.cenaero.be/submit.php?project=Morfeo
   Uploaded: xxx/Testing/20120412-1900/Test.xml
   Submission successful

So, everything seems OK on the CTest side; that's why I suspect a bug in
CDash.

I'm using CMake/CTest 2.8.1 and CDash 1.8.2.  Unfortunately, I cannot
test on CDash 2 as we wait for the end of the release before upgrading.

If you confirm it's a bug, I will add it on the CDash bugtracker.

Thanks for your help,

Olivier