[Cdash] Minimal XML submission

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Oct 26 14:23:05 UTC 2011

On Oct 26, 2011, at 10:17 AM, Nicolas Rannou <nicolas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to submit a homemade Build.xml to my cdash server.
> I tried to mimic the XML format. (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CDash:XML)
> The submission is successful..
> On my CDash server, the number of submissions for the project increases and the last submission date is updated.
> Nevertheless, if I go on the project dashboard everything is empty.
>
> A real "Build.xml" (built by CTest) shows up correctly on the server. So I must be doing something wrong.
>
> I couldn't find any documentation about the required fields, the meaning of the fields or if a field as to be unique. (like build time, build stamp?)
>
> Is there such kind of documentation somewhere?
>
> Please find below the kind of file I would like to submit:
> Which format is used by Start/EndBuildTime?
>
> Thanks,
> Nicolas
>

> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> <Site BuildName="My build name">
>
> <Build>
>
>   <StartDateTime> Oct 26 08:57 EDT </StartDateTime>
>
>   <StartBuildTime> 1234567890 </StartBuildTime>
>
>   <BuildCommand>This is a build command </BuildCommand>
>
>   <EndDateTime> Oct 26 17:25 EDT </EndDateTime>
>
>   <EndBuildTime> 1319577907 </EndBuildTime>
>
> </Build>
>
> </Site>

A build is identified (uniquely keyed) on CDash by its build name, site name, and build stamp. Furthermore, a fourth optional field, subproject name is also used as part of the key on dashboards for projects that have subprojects.

Those three fields are required for a build to show up on CDash.

There should be some sort of error or warning in the cdash.log file if there's a problem processing a Build.xml file. Did you see anything in cdash.log?

The time stamps that look like 32-bit integers are Unix file time values in UTC.

HTH,
David