[Cdash] Report of failed time status

Olivier Pierard olivier.pierard at cenaero.be
Wed Jun 29 08:50:44 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Sometimes, for a given testcase, we get a failed time status while test
status is OK.

On main dashboard page of the project, only failed test status are
reported and never due to failed time status.  Given the high number of
submissions and testcases of our project, this is unmanageable if we
don't have a quick view of the problem.

Is this related to 'test time #max failures before flag' in the testing
configuration tab ? I don't find any documentation about this feature.

On the other hand, the mean is computed as (from wiki): newMean =
(1-alpha)*oldMean + alpha*currentTime. Default value for alpha is 0.3
but I don't know where to modify it (I'm only project administrator, not
CDash admin). Am I right when saying that all tests in the history are
taken into account (of course over-weighted for most recent ones) and
this is not an equally weighted mean ?

Finally, in the testing tab of the project configuration, there is a
'test time standard deviation' tab. But this is not the standard
deviation but a multiplier of the standard deviation; Shouldn't it be
renamed for clarity.

We are using CDash 1.6.2 and most people cmake 2.6-1

Thanks for your help,

Olivier.*

*