[Cdash] loadXML problem revisited

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Mon Aug 29 14:20:06 UTC 2011

Hello all
Our CDash Server (1.8.2)  still has problems with the some builds.
The problem is that some test result pages don't render properly. The php
responds with
*
*
*Warning*: DOMDocument::loadXML()
[domdocument.loadxml<http://frink/cdash/domdocument.loadxml>]:
Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding ! Bytes: 0xF3 0x6E 0x2F 0x44 in
Entity, line: 69 in *C:\wamp\www\cdash\cdash\common.php* on line *42*
*
*
then, the load of the page crashes, the css aren't read properly and a empty
result page is shown.

This problem is related with this bug

We've traced the problem to a output of one of our tests that displays a
path containing non ANSI characters (Z:/Investigación)  Visual Studio
builds, seem to handle the encoding of such string withoud problems
(displaying the messages and the test result page perfectly), while  MinGW /
gcc tests that have that string on their output have the loadXML error. I
suspect that either gcc/MinGW/msys or Cdash are doing something wrong with
the encoding of the xml.

At the moment we have solved the problem by removing the sentences that
generate an output of the offending path but we wonder if there is a better
method to resolve the encoding problem.

Best regards.

Sergio

--