[Cdash] Accumulating the coverage files

Ali Ghayoor alii.ghayoor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:59:17 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I tried to run a CTest and submit it to the CDash to find the covered line
of code. I used the Debug mode and the following commands on the cmake
options at the build time:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS: -O0 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wunused-variable -Wunused-parameter
-Wunused-function -Wunused \
                                       -Wno-system-headers -Wno-deprecated
-Woverloaded-virtual -Wwrite-strings -fprofile-arc -ftest-coverage

CMAKE_C_FLAGS: -O0 -Wall -W -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS: -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

All the tests are passed and the coverage files are built on the
"Testing/CoverageInfo" inside my build directory. However, it could not
accumulate the results, and it returns 0% for the percentage coverage.
Actually I do not know why this happened, and how I can do the accumulating
and merge the ".gcov" files.

Thanks,
Ali