[Cdash] How are Warnings and Errors Detected by CDash?

Allen Barnett allen at transpireinc.com
Wed Apr 27 15:20:18 UTC 2011

That does indeed fix CTest's interpretation of the output. (When I
looked more carefully at what CTest was reporting, it was really a build
ERROR; so, I had to set CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_EXCEPTION.) Works great.

If I could make a minor suggestion. The table of variables at:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest#Customizing_CTest

says

Variable                      Description
CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_EXCEPTION: Regular expression for error exceptions
during build process

I read that, but it didn't really lead me to think that the listed
"exceptions" were supposed to be ignored by CTest. I don't know; maybe
there is a better way to phrase the description.

Also, I was wondering about the order of the matching: Does it match all
lines with ERROR_MATCH (WARNING_MATCH) and then reject a match if it
also matches ERROR_EXCEPTION (WARNING_EXCEPTION)?

Thanks!
Allen