[Cdash] How are Warnings and Errors Detected by CDash?

Allen Barnett allen at transpireinc.com
Tue Apr 26 15:12:55 UTC 2011

Hi: I recently updated our build system to use Qt 4.7.2. The version of
"lupdate" (the tool which extracts translatable strings and maintains
the .ts file) now writes warning messages like:

/path/to/qt/src/file(72):Function 'system' is not implemented.
/path/to/qt/src/file:26: circular inclusion of '/path/to/qt/src/file'

to std::cerr. See the bug report
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6587

It seems that CDash treats these messages as build warnings; I would
like avoid that if possible. So, I was wondering what CDash looks for in
the output from the build in order to decide that a line of output
represents a warning or an error. Is there a way to cause it to ignore
the output from "lupdate"?

Thanks for the help,
Allen

--