[Cdash] CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME and daylight savings

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 14:41:02 UTC 2010

Who needs daylight savings time, anyway?
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/77

(I had been intending to write this last week *before* the change to
daylight savings time.... but your email inspired me to actually kick
it into gear... So: thanks.)

The key is to specify the nightly start time in UTC, and then make
sure that all clients start after that time (but in local time) no
matter what day of the year it is by starting the jobs one hour later
than necessary during half of the year.

I blame it all on default cron / scheduled task management behavior.
You should be able to specify UTC times to those tools so that you can
be universally consistent.

Hope this helps,
David