[Cdash] CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME and daylight savings

Tyler tyler at cryptio.net
Tue Nov 9 23:22:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 06:17:30PM -0500, David Cole wrote:
> The short answer is: express it in UTC instead. And then time things
> "correctly"... I'll point you to a blog article about this shortly.

Sure, but my local time zone still changes with respect to UTC. If I
configure the build system to build at 08:00:00 UTC, my Nightly builds
will come from code checked in at 00:00:00 local time for half the year
and code checked in at 01:00:00 local time for the other half. This
seems confusing to me (and when I'm up that late working, the last thing
I want to be confused about is what time it is in Greenwich).

Is that what other people do? Just let the time float relative to the
local time zone? I can't think of any other software that acts this way.

Nonetheless, I look forward to the blog pointer.

Thanks,
tyler