[Cdash] CTest -D MemoryCheck

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Mon May 31 12:47:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem. All our unit tests are run through a
Bash script. This script is responsible for setting up the environment
prior to running the actual test. E.g., it copies input files and
reference output files; after the test has run it compares outputs, etc.

When running 'ctest -D MemoryCheck' I face the problem that not my test
program but the wrapper script is memory checked by valgrind. Of course,
I can let valgrind also trace its child processes, but that produces
enormous amounts of noise and slows down testing unnecessarily. Is there
another way to solve this?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.