[Cdash] CDash installation

Daniel Bentley daniel at sci.utah.edu
Tue Jan 26 03:58:20 UTC 2010

This one has been bugging the heck out of me, but I haven't found a
solution for it yet.

This is an install on Ubuntu 9.10.  I have Apache set up so that http
(port 80) and https (port 443) point to the same document root, under
which is the directory CDash with the installation.

I can verify that PHP is working correctly, by creating a test.php with
phpinfo() is this directory.  It displays the information as expected.

However, when I try going to http://mymachine.mydomain.tld/CDash/ (or
https://), my browser thinks about it for a few moments, then delivers a
blank page (blank even in source).  If I try to access a page directly
(ie. index.php), I get a 'What should Firefox do with this file?' dialog
prompt.  Even when saving the file this way, the resulting file is still
blank.

Usually the 'What should Firefox do with this file?' response comes from
an incorrect/missing PHP configuration at the Apache level that affects
ALL PHP.  But this behavior I'm getting, has PHP working with some pages
(the phpinfo() test page), but not CDash.  Any ideas on why this might be?

-Daniel