[Cdash] Missing Warnings on CDash when there are no errors

Sergio Vera sergio.vera at alma3d.com
Tue Apr 27 17:19:44 UTC 2010

Hello David

I've added an
int foo;
unused variable in a project and compiled in Visual STudio 9 showing the
following warning:

warning C4101: 'foo' : unreferenced local variable

However, when I submit a Experimental Build to Dash, the warning is not
shown in the server, and the build.xml contains:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Site BuildName="SegmentationLib.sta.Win32-vs9-Release"
    BuildStamp="20100427-1707-Experimental"
    Name="FRINK"
    Generator="ctest-2.8.0"
    CompilerName="cl"
    OSName="Windows"
    Hostname="Frink"
    OSRelease="Vista"
    OSVersion=" (Build 7600)"
    OSPlatform="x86"
    Is64Bits="0"
    VendorString="GenuineIntel"
    VendorID="Intel Corporation"
    FamilyID="6"
    ModelID="7"
    ProcessorCacheSize="-1"
    NumberOfLogicalCPU="1"
    NumberOfPhysicalCPU="2"
    TotalVirtualMemory="2047"
    TotalPhysicalMemory="0"
    LogicalProcessorsPerPhysical="2"
    ProcessorClockFrequency="2996"

<Build>
    <StartDateTime>Apr 27 19:07 Hora de verano romance</StartDateTime>
    <StartBuildTime>1272388059</StartBuildTime>
<BuildCommand>C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.comSegmentationLib.sln
/build Release /project ALL_BUILD</BuildCommand>
    <Log Encoding="base64" Compression="/bin/gzip">
    </Log>
    <EndDateTime>Apr 27 19:07 Hora de verano romance</EndDateTime>
    <EndBuildTime>1272388059</EndBuildTime>
<ElapsedMinutes>0</ElapsedMinutes></Build>
</Site>

as you can see, there are no warnings reported

In GCC 3.4.5, the same warning:
C:/work/projects/ALMA_Segmentation/SegmentationLib/Code/Segmentation.cpp: In
member function `void
alma::SegmentationLib::EventObserver::Initialize(alma::SegmentationLib::Progress*,
size_t, size_t)':
C:/work/projects/ALMA_Segmentation/SegmentationLib/Code/Segmentation.cpp:307:
warning: unused variable 'foo'

But when performing "make Experimental" on the command line, the CDash
submission has 0 warnings... and the corresponding xml file has no trace of
warnings also:

<Site BuildName="SegmentationLib.sta.MinGW-gcc345-Debug"
BuildStamp="20100427-1711-Experimental" Name="FRINK" Generator="ctest-2.8.0"
CompilerName="C:/MinGW/bin/c++.exe" OSName="Windows" Hostname="Frink"
OSRelease="Vista" OSVersion=" (Build 7600)" OSPlatform="x86" Is64Bits="0"
VendorString="GenuineIntel" VendorID="Intel Corporation" FamilyID="6"
ModelID="7" ProcessorCacheSize="-1" NumberOfLogicalCPU="1"
NumberOfPhysicalCPU="2" TotalVirtualMemory="2047" TotalPhysicalMemory="0"
LogicalProcessorsPerPhysical="2" ProcessorClockFrequency="2996">
-
<Build>
<StartDateTime>Apr 27 19:11 Hora de verano romance</StartDateTime>
<StartBuildTime>1272388316</StartBuildTime>
<BuildCommand>C:/msys/1.0/bin/make.exe -i</BuildCommand>
<Log Encoding="base64" Compression="/bin/gzip">
    </Log>
<EndDateTime>Apr 27 19:11 Hora de verano romance</EndDateTime>
<EndBuildTime>1272388318</EndBuildTime>
<ElapsedMinutes>0</ElapsedMinutes>
</Build>
</Site>

By the way we do not use CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS as far as I know

Regards, Sergio

Sergio Vera

Alma IT Systems
C/ Vilana, 4B, 4º 1ª