[Cdash] Multiple Nightly builds from same host?

Dan Thill dgt at acm.org
Tue Sep 30 14:31:35 UTC 2008

Does CDash only expect there to be a single Nightly build from a given
host? (for a given project, etc).  I ask, because I have the following two
configurations.  Here are the relevant portions of each script:

NightlyDashboardLinux.cmake:

SET(CTEST_CMAKE_COMMAND
  "${CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_NAME} -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=1
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release"
)

SET(CTEST_COMMAND
  "${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} -D NightlyStart -D NightlyUpdate -D
NightlyConfigure -D NightlyBuild -D NightlySubmit -A
${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/${CTEST_SCRIPT_NAME}"

  "${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} -D NightlyTest -D NightlySubmit"
)

NightlyDashboardValgrindLinux.cmake

SET(CTEST_CMAKE_COMMAND
  "${CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_NAME} -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=1
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug -DCTEST_TIMEOUT:STRING=${CTEST_TIMEOUT}
-DDART_TESTING_TIMEOUT:STRING=${CTEST_TIMEOUT}"
)
SET(CTEST_COMMAND
  "${CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND} -D NightlyStart -D NightlyUpdate -D
NightlyConfigure -D NightlyBuild -D NightlyTest -I 1,21 -D
NightlyMemCheck -D NightlySubmit -A
${CTEST_SCRIPT_DIRECTORY}/${CTEST_SCRIPT_NAME}"
)

I have to have two separate dashboards because I need a Debug build for
valgrind, but I want a Release build for the normal Nightly.

In CDash, however, the builds get combined in some fashion and I only see
information from the MemCheck build (since it is scheduled to occur after
the normal Nightly build).  Weirdly enough, I don't see any test results,
but I do see the the valgrind results in the Dynamic Analysis section.

So, does CDash assume there is only one Nightly build from a host for a
given project?  If so, any suggestions on how I should arrange my Nightly
tests?

Thanks,
Dan