[Cdash] CDash submission problem

Emmanuel Christophe emmanuel.christophe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 03:49:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a cdash dashboard. It seems to be working pretty
well for small submissions (*-Experimental_Test.xml about 1.5 Mo of
size) as I can see
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/Dashboard/index.php?project=OTB&date=20081006
for the test done at 14:12:57 CEST. This test is done without the
DATA_ROOT set for the test data, resulting in many fails but shorter
xml file.

However, when I set properly the DATA_ROOT, the xml file is about 6 Mo
and something is wrong during the submission: as you can see on the
14:33:20 CEST test, no test result appear.

I add a similar problem at the beginning, with some error in apache
log showing a lack of memory for php to parse the xml file and the
*-Experimental_Test.xml not appearing in the backup directory. After
increasing the memory allowed to php, the *-Experimental_Test.xml file
now does appear in the backup directory, there is no more error in the
apache log, but the test result do not display (even after rerunning
the tests).

My CTestConfig.cmake is :

SET(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "OTB")
SET(CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "00:00:00 EST")

IF(NOT DEFINED CTEST_DROP_METHOD)
  SET(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
ENDIF(NOT DEFINED CTEST_DROP_METHOD)

IF(CTEST_DROP_METHOD STREQUAL "http")
  SET(CTEST_DROP_SITE "www.orfeo-toolbox.org")
  SET(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/Dashboard/submit.php?project=OTB")
  SET(CTEST_TRIGGER_SITE "")
ENDIF(CTEST_DROP_METHOD STREQUAL "http")

I'm using CDash-1.0.2.zip, php5, apache2.

Any suggestions? Where should I look to find out the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Emmanuel