[Cdash] Cdash newbie

Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com
Mon Nov 10 14:32:39 UTC 2008

> julien.jomier at kitware.com wrote:>
> Alexander.Camek at elektrobit.com wrote:
> > Nope same as before. I also tried to put there the results
> by hand. But nothing has been showed up.
> >

> What do you mean by that?
>
> Here's something you could try:
>
> 1) Copy the Build.xml (generated by CTest) into the
> CDash/backup/Build.xml
>
> 2) Modify CDash/submit.php file
>
> replace (line 30)
>
>    $contents = file_get_contents("php://input");
>
> by
>
>    $contents = file_get_contents("backup/Build.xml");
>
> 3) From your webbrowser, go to:
> http://localhost/CDash/submit.php?project=ViProS
>
> This should submit the Build.xml to CDash, otherwise you
> should see warnings/errors in your browser.
>
> Let us know,

That worked now. It now says, there is a build in my Experimental folder.
Okay, when I do it manually (http://localhost/CDash/submit.php?project=ViProS) with the $contents = file_get_contents("php://input"); activated then the cdash.log claims it can't parse the xml file. But that's okay, because I haven't submit during manualy update any files.

On the other side if I do it by ctest -D Experimental then I get the terminal output given in my first post.

Okay, so it seems to me that there are three possible kinds of problems:

1) File parsing is going wrong.
2) Submitting is going wrong.
or
3) Apache doesn't know what to do with the xml files.

Maybe you can give me a clue which one I should stick further or maybe there is a fourth possibility.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Alexander

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.