[Cdash] CDash wiki install page

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat Mar 22 17:03:54 UTC 2008

Trevor Kellaway wrote:
> Bill,
>
>> Did you have any luck with the python Dart2 trigger stuff?
>
> No, because I'm trying to submit to Dart2, which AFAIA only supports
> XMLRPC drop (the same as CDash for any lurkers).
>

> The only easy way I can see to support this is to extend CTest to
> support multiple URLs in the drop location URL (separated by
> semi-colons? Could be an issue if ';' is in password). This hack would
> be quick, but would assume that any username/password specified would
> need to match on all servers.

No, it should work.  Basically, you have drop back to Dart1 style submit
either ftp or http with ctest.  Then you put the python script that I
attached as the trigger script.  It gets the files from http or ftp, the
name of the file is given to the trigger script.   The trigger script
which is setup as a cgi bin script then reads in the xml files and sends
them to Dart2 via XMLRpc from python.  When we started out with Dart2,
this is how we had dual Dart1 and Dart2 dashboards, so I know the
scripts work.

-Bill