[Cdash] Timestamps

Stuart Herring cmake at stuartherring.com
Tue Apr 22 13:01:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Tobias Kaupp <t.kaupp at cas.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  we've setup a dashboard here in Australia. Everything worked nicely out of the
>  box. However, we're totally confused about how the timestamps work. Here's an
>  example of an experimental build:

I noticed this too, and from thinking about it, I'm not sure there's
much that can be done - the problem is the unix Timezone data that has
the same three letter code for two entirely different timezones.
There's really not much that CDash (or PHP) can do when given "EST" as
a timezone, it's ambiguous.

However, I think the problem could be worked around if ctest always
submitted data in UTC - it already knows UTC, as that's the value it
uses to create the Tag from, but then it writes local time into the
submission file - if it wrote UTC into the submission file, everything
would be fine.

I've been exporting TZ=UTC before running ctest to work around it, myself.

Regards,
Stuart.