[cable] Cable 0.02 installation - Examples - Parse error

Bertram G. Herzog bertram at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 30 03:22:03 EST 2003

Hi again,

thanks for the help last time. I now try to work with a recent Cable
0.02 from CVS, combined with GCC_XML 0.4.0 and CMake 1.6 on Solaris8.

When trying to work my way through the "stringConfig.cxx"-example, cable
seems not too cooperative:

abc:/tmp/bertram/cmake1.6/bin% /cable ~/stringConfig.cxx -tcl
~/string_tcl.cxx
  Parsing configuration file "/home/bertram/stringConfig.cxx" ...
Parser::Parse(): "syntax error" at source line 1
Parser::Parse(): "not well-formed" at source line 2
Segmentation fault

What also makes me courious is the fact, that the cable executables are
somehow "hidden" in the Cable-build/Executables _and_ in the
/cmake1.6/share/Cable/bin-directory. Especially the latter makes me more
and more curious.

Did I perhaps put the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX one level too deep when
"cmaking" Cable, and it thus can't find libraries or access gcc_xml,
which is in the same cmake1.6/bin/-directory as cmake? Copying to this
location does not help (as seen in the snippet). But there were no
errors or linker warnings during the whole make / make install process!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you again,
    Yours Bertram Herzog