[VTK ARB] Agenda for kick-off meeting

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed Sep 30 08:56:23 EDT 2009

VTKers-

Please review the tentative agenda for the VTK ARB kickoff meeting
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/ARB_Meeting_October_2009. It is mainly about
getting to know each other, establishing roles, and outlining procedures for
working together. There will also be some time at the meeting to tee up some
high-level goals and get our juices flowing for upcoming technical issues.

(Note that I'd like to keep it short and focused. I'd rather have fewer,
focused meetings rather than trying to get everything done at once.
Otherwise I am concerned that we will lose interest and miss what I think is
an important opportunity.)

Before the meeting please review the ARB-related pages and make sure that
you are okay with what's there. Go to
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK#Development_Process and follow the links to the
VTK ARB and VTK Development Process wiki pages.

There is some missing information that we will need to revisit such as the
VTK Topic Leads. This table was filled in a while ago and needs to heavily
reworked. In particular I would like to see two names in each topic
(principle plus backup),  and I'd like to diversify out of Kitware for the
sake of the VTK community.

Initially we will use Kitware's TCon number to host the ARB. (In the future
we can talk about other options.) To join the ARB:
US Toll Free: 1-800-704-9804
Worldwide: 1-404-920-6604
As a Participant, use this code: 718324

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I know some of you
may have budget constraints, etc. for phone costs, if so let me know and we
will look into conferencing you in, or using Skype.

Will