From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
- Render 2D charts using OpenGL/VTK
- Scalable to large data sets
- Simple, flexible API
- Enable server side rendering of charts with VTK compositing
- Proper handling of IEEE Not-A-Number (NaN) values in plots of both experimental and simulation data.
- Alternate backend to produce publication quality output?
- Possibility to extend the API to 3D charts in the future?
- Maybe real-time charting? (just-in-time visualization of data sets)
Further Details on API
- XY plot
- Bar chart
- Stack chart
- Pie chart
- Parallel axes
- Tree map
- Bubble chart
Below is a summary of different libraries or applications that produce 2D charts and plots. Those listed either provide both screen and publication quality rendering, or just screen rendering.
Optimized for Screen Rendering
- Many Eyes
- Google Chart
- Scientific charting control