The Visualization ToolKit (VTK) is an open source, freely available software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization used by thousands of researchers and developers around the world. VTK consists of a C++ class library, and several interpreted interface layers including Python, Tcl/Tk and Java. Professional support and products for VTK are provided by Kitware, Inc. VTK supports a wide variety of visualization algorithms including scalar, vector, tensor, texture, and volumetric methods; and advanced modeling techniques such as implicit modelling, polygon reduction, mesh smoothing, cutting, contouring, and Delaunay triangulation. In addition, dozens of imaging algorithms have been directly integrated to allow the user to mix 2D imaging / 3D graphics algorithms and data.
Source Code How-to
- Get the VTK Source
- Setup for Git development
- | Create, Commit, and Share Code Changes
- Configure and Build VTK NEW
Check the Status
View the Code
- Contribute a Dashboard NEW
- Dashboards are an important tool we use to ensure quality.
- VTK is tested and released with datasets for visualization.
- View the VTK Quality Dashboards
- Build the VTK Doxygen documentation
- Read about what's in and coming soon to VTK.