- MIDAS: MRI/MRA Data from UNC
- 6,690,816 : "Systems and methods for tubular object processing" Stephen R. Aylward, Elizabeth Bullitt, Daniel Fritsch, Stephen M. Pizer, February 2004
- Patent is held by UNC. A world-wide, unrestricted, free license has been granted.
- Aylward S, Bullitt E, “Chapter 11: Clinical Applications Involving Vascular Image Segmentation and Registration” in Angiography and Plaque Imaging: A Segmentation Perspective, Academic Press, 2002 pp. 529-579
- R. C. Gessner, S. R. Aylward, and P. A. Dayton, “Mapping Microvasculature with Acoustic Angiography Yields Quantifiable Differences between Healthy and Tumor-bearing Tissue Volumes in a Rodent Model,” Radiology, vol. 264, no. 3, pp. 733–740, 2012.
- E. Bullitt, D. Zeng, B. Mortamet, A. Ghosh, S. R. Aylward, W. Lin, B. L. Marks, and K. Smith, “The effects of healthy aging on intracerebral blood vessels visualized by magnetic resonance angiography,” NEUROBIOLOGY OF AGING, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 290–300, Feb. 2010.
- E. Bullitt, M. Ewend, J. Vredenburgh, A. Friedman, W. Lin, K. Wilber, D. Zeng, S. R. Aylward, and D. Reardon, “Computerized assessment of vessel morphological changes during treatment of glioblastoma multiforme: Report of a case imaged serially by MRA over four years,” NEUROIMAGE, vol. 47, pp. T143–T151, Aug. 2009.
- G. Piliere, M. H. Van Horn, R. Dixon, J. Stavas, S. Aylward, and E. Bullitt, “Vessel target location estimation during the TIPS procedure,” MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 519–529, Jun. 2009.
- E. Bullitt, S. R. Aylward, T. Van Dyke, and W. Lin, “Computer-assisted measurement of vessel shape from 3T magnetic resonance angiography of mouse brain,” METHODS, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 29–34, Sep. 2007.
- S. Aylward, K. Cleary, and D. Hawkes, “Intraoperative image processing for surgical guidance,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1401–1404, Nov. 2005.
- E. Bullitt, D. Zeng, G. Gerig, S. Aylward, S. Joshi, J. Smith, W. Lin, and M. Ewend, “Vessel tortuosity and brain tumor malignancy: A blinded study,” ACADEMIC RADIOLOGY, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1232–1240, Oct. 2005. Winner 2006 Herbert M. Stauffer Award by the Association of University Radiologists PMID: 16179200
- E. Bullitt, K. Muller, I. Jung, W. Lin, and S. Aylward, “Analyzing attributes of vessel populations,” MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 39–49, Feb. 2005.
- E. Bullitt, M. Ewend, S. Aylward, W. Lin, G. Gerig, S. Joshi, I. Jung, K. Muller, and J. Smith, “Abnormal vessel tortuosity as a marker of treatment response of malignant gliomas: Preliminary report,” TECHNOLOGY IN CANCER RESEARCH & TREATMENT, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 577–584, Dec. 2004.
- Y. Fridman, S. Pizer, S. Aylward, and E. Bullitt, “Extracting branching tubular object geometry via cores,” MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 169–176, Sep. 2004.
- J. Jomier, S. Weeks, and S. R. Aylward, “Vascular image registration for intra-operative 3D ultrasound annotation,” International Congress Series, vol. 1268, pp. 1308–1308, 2004.
- S. Aylward, J. Jomier, S. Weeks, and E. Bullitt, “Registration and analysis of vascular images,” INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER VISION, vol. 55, no. 2–3, pp. 123–138, Dec. 2003.
- E. Bullitt, G. Gerig, S. Pizer, W. Lin, and S. Aylward, “Measuring tortuosity of the intracerebral vasculature from MRA images,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1163–1171, Sep. 2003.
- D. Wallace, A. Capone, J. Jomier, S. Aylward, M. Landers, M. Trese, and P.-R. S. Grp, “Computer automated quantification of plus disease in RetCam images of retinopathy of prematurity,” INVESTIGATIVE OPHTHALMOLOGY & VISUAL SCIENCE, vol. 44, no. 1, p. U116, May 2003.
- D. Wallace, J. Jomier, S. Aylward, and M. Landers, “Computer-automated quantification of plus disease in retinopathy of prematurity,” JOURNAL OF AAPOS, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 126–130, Apr. 2003.
- E. Bullitt and S. Aylward, “Patient-specific vascular models for endovascular and open operative procedures,” International Congress Series, vol. 1247, pp. 129–138, 2002.
- S. R. Aylward and E. Bullitt, “Initialization, noise, singularities, and scale in height ridge traversal for tubular object centerline extraction,” Medical Imaging, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 61–75, 2002.
- E. Bullitt, S. Aylward, K. Smith, S. Mukherji, M. Jiroutek, and K. Muller, “Symbolic description of intracerebral vessels segmented from magnetic resonance angiograms and evaluation by comparison with X-ray angiograms,” MEDICAL IMAGE ANALYSIS, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 157–169, Jun. 2001.
- E. Bullitt, S. Aylward, E. Bernard, and G. Gerig, “Computer-assisted visualization of arteriovenous malformations on the home personal computer,” NEUROSURGERY, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 576–582, Mar. 2001.
- E. Bullitt, A. Liu, S. Aylward, C. Coffey, J. Stone, S. Mukherji, K. Muller, and S. Pizer, “Registration of 3D cerebral vessels with 2D digital angiograms: Clinical evaluation,” ACADEMIC RADIOLOGY, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 539–546, Sep. 1999.
- S. Aylward, E. Bullitt, and P. Stephen, “VTree3D: Fast and effective vessel, bronchial tube, duct, and bone display,” RADIOLOGY, vol. 209P, no. S, p. 394, Nov. 1998.
- E. Bullitt, A. Liu, S. Aylward, M. Soltys, J. Rosenman, and S. Pizer, “Methods for displaying intracerebral vascular anatomy,” AMERICAN JOURNAL OF NEURORADIOLOGY, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 417–420, Mar. 1997.
G. PETERSON, D. STCLAIR, S. AYLWARD, and W. BOND, “USING TAGUCHI METHOD OF EXPERIMENTAL-DESIGN TO CONTROL ERRORS IN LAYERED PERCEPTRONS,” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NEURAL NETWORKS, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 949–961, Jul. 1995.