Difference between revisions of "Proposals:LiDAR Data Support"
From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
Latest revision as of 14:12, 10 August 2009
As LiDAR sensors become cheaper and more readily available, it seems important for ITK to support data acquired by these sensors.
- PTX (Leica scanners)
- Other scanner file formats (Velodyne, etc.)
- itkGridMesh - a class that combines the neighborhood functionality of itkImage (getUpperNeighbor, getLowerNeighbor, getRightNeighbor, getLeftNeighbor) with the 3D mesh type operations (FindPointsInRadius(center, radius), etc)
- Ray/Triangle (Ray/Mesh) intersections
- Normal estimation
- LiDAR segmentation
- Region growing (possibly on the proposed itkGridMesh structure? Or on a standard itk Vector Image?)
- LiDAR/3D Model registration
- Spin Images
- ICP (already some ICP methods in ITK)