The next major version of ParaView (III) includes many significant improvements, including:
- New Qt interface
- Much better support for Python scripting
- Emphasis on quantitative analysis
ParaView III is developed by a team including Kitware, Sandia National Labs and Elemental Technologies.
Win32 Users: If you wish to build ParaView III from source using the GPL'd version of Qt and Visual Studio, see Obtaining GPL'ed Qt for Windows.
Linux/Unix/OS X Users: If you are building from source, you might want to include the FFMPEG encoder. For this, you need to build the encoder from source. Download it here here. Build instructions are included with the package.
If you have questions about licensing, see ParaView III and Qt licensing.
Here are some helpful pages documenting how to use ParaView.
- Where can I download ParaView?
- Building and Installation instructions
- Setting up a ParaView Server
- Starting the server
- Python scripting
- Animating legacy VTK file series
- Selection Implementation in VTK and ParaView III
- Disconnecting from server while still saving an animation
- Server Configuration
- Server Resources
- Multiple views
- Testing design
- Camera and Property Linking
- Python Programmable Filter
- Plugin HowTo
- Where can I find more information about ParaView?
Documentation specific to ParaView 2.X