- Squish Home
- Squish for Tk, only for Unix
- about €2500
- Qt3. Squish for Tk will not work with Qt4. Make sure you install all Qt3 development packages. On a Ubuntu OS, this (most likely) involve: libqt3-headers, libqt3-mt, libqt3-mt-dev, qt3-apps-dev, qt3-assistant, qt3-designer, qt3-dev-tools, qt3-linguist, qt3-qtconfig, etc.
- Tcl/Tk 8.4 or 8.5
- Download a Squish for Tk evaluation license
-rwxr--r-- 1 barre barre 6587889 2008-09-04 13:08 squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src.tar.gz* -rwxr--r-- 1 barre barre 19 2008-09-04 13:08 squish-3-license*
- Reference: Squish Installation
- Unpack the archive
barre@tetsuo:~/build$ tar -xzf /home/barre/tmp/squish/squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src.tar.gz
- Configure Squish
barre@tetsuo:~/build$ cd squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src barre@tetsuo:~/build/squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src$ ./configure "--with-qtdir=/usr/share/qt3" "--with-tclconfig=/opt/tcltk8.5.2/lib/tclConfig.sh" "--with-tkconfig=/opt/tcltk8.5.2/lib/tkConfig.sh"
Note that the configure script may not find your Qt3 distribution correctly: use --with-qtdir to point to the appropriate directory. Use --with-tclconfig and --with-tkconfig to point to your own Tcl/Tk distribution, if any (here /opt/tcltk8.5.2)
- Enter your license key (found in squish-3-license)
Configuring Squish. For license information please read the LICENSE file. By configuring and building Squish you are accepting the terms of this license. Enter license key: ***-*****-*****-*** Checking for C++ compiler ......... g++ Checking for g++'s version ......... 4 [...] Done with configuring. Full log in config.log. Now type './build'. * Build <pre> barre@tetsuo:~/build/squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src$ ./build
In this section, we will exercise KWWidgets' KWCallbacksExample example.
- If you are new to Squish you may want to read: Squish Concepts, . The Squish for Tk documentation is located offline in your build directory at squish-3.4.1-eval-tk-src/doc/book/index.html, or online at http://www.froglogic.com/download/book/.
- Build KWWidgets examples (make sure KWWidgets_BUILD_EXAMPLES is set to ON), make sure the ./bin/KWCallbacksExample example has been built and is working properly.
- Start the Squish IDE
- Create a new Test Suite
- Select "Create New Test Suite" at the Welcome page.
- Enter a Suite Name (say kwcallbacksexample). Select where the test suite and its files shall be saved (say ~/tmp/kww_test/). Hit "Next".
- Select Tcl as the scripting language (if it isn't available, Squish was not able to find or use your Tcl/Tk distribution at build time). Hit "Next".
- Select the Application Under Test (AUT): pick the the ./bin/KWCallbacksExample application found in your KWWidgets build tree. Hit "Finish".
- Can't find Qt
Checking Qt version ......... Can't find Qt includes in /usr/include and /usr/src
=> Make sure you installed Qt3
- New Test Suite: Scripting Language, No Tcl
If the Tcl option is not available in the Scripting Language page when creating a new Test Suite, then Squish was not build with proper Tcl support. Make sure you specified the path to your Tcl/Tk distribution and re-build.