Difference between revisions of "ITK Release 4/Modern C++"
(Removed Darwin; added Apple clang)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 17:53, 18 September 2017
- Take advantage of advances in C++
- Target popular compilers that are compatible with the C++98 and/or C++03 standard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B03#Language_standard).
The following lists specify what compilers will be supported and what compilers will not be supported in the first release of ITKv4.
Will Not Support
Specifically remove support for
- Visual Studio 6.0
- Visual Studio 7.0
- 7.1 (Until 2012)
- 8 SP 1 (Until 2015)
- Borland version 5.5
- Sun Studio compilers prior to 5.9
- IRIX compilers
- Metrowerks Codewarrior compilers
- cygwin 1.5 (newer versions may work, but are not being targeted)
- gcc prior to 3.4
- Darwin ppc (Until 2015)
As a general statement, we support compilers that submit nightly to the ITK dashboard. Currently these include:
Fully Committed to Support
- GCC 4.x
- Visual Studio
- 9 (Until 2018)
- 10 (Until 2020)
- 11 (Until 2022)
- 12 (Until 2023)
- 13 (Until 2025)
- Intel Compiler Suite
- Apple clang-600.0.56
The following table illustrate the phase-out schedule of multiple compilers.
The stage "If community supported" means that ITK will only support that compiler if volunteers from the community commit to submitting Nightly Dashboard builds and to address/fix any problem that may arise in those platforms.
|Visual Studio 8|
|Visual Studio 9|
|Visual Studio 10|
|If community supported|