ITK/Release 4/Modularization/Transition Plan
< ITK | Release 4 | ModularizationJump to navigationJump to search
This page describes the plan for transforming the current Monolithic ITK repository into a Modularized one.
- The target date for transforming the repository is Friday March 4th 2011
- The repository should be reopen for normal activity by Tuesday March 8th 2011
Git Repository Conversion
- The transition will happen in the same Git repository that we currently use.
- The transition will happen as a big commit that will mostly move files around to new directories
- Pending Gerrit patches should (for the most part) find their way into the corresponding files after the conversion
- Except for changes to CMakeLists.txt files, since most of them will be replaced with new ones
Advice to Develoepers
- Developers who have pending changes in local repositories are strongly encouraged to
- Commit them to local branches
- Push those to Gerrit (under the tag "WIP" (Work in Progress))
- The Gerrit patches should be mergeable after the conversion, and the Kitware team will be available to help merge them for you.
|Date||Major Event||What will be done||Who will do it|
|February 21st Monday||Modular Repository build will be Green||All Compilation Problems solved||Xiaoxiao Liu|
|February 23st Wednesday||Modular Repository regression tests will be added||All regression tests will be enabled||Xiaoxiao Liu|
|February 25st Friday||Modular Repository tests will be green||All tests will be passing||Luis Ibanez|
|March 1st Tuesday||Freezing Git Repository||Write Access will be disabled||Brad King|
|March 4th Friday||Full Conversion||A single large Git commit that will move all the files to their final destination||Brad King|
|March 8th Tuesday||Reopen Git||Write Access will be open again to main Repository||Brad King|