This page documents how to setup ITK developer accounts. See our table of contents for more information.
Anyone may request access to the ITK Gerrit Code Review site to propose and review changes. Follow these steps to set up access:
- Get an OpenID
- Register at http://review.source.kitware.com using your OpenID (link in upper right)
- Sign in
- Set all fields in your profile at http://review.source.kitware.com/#settings
- Add your ssh public key at http://review.source.kitware.com/#settings,ssh-keys
Firewall blocks SSH traffic
If you are stuck behind a firewall that blocks SSH traffic (port 22), the following alternative URL may be used to push patches over HTTP (port 80):
- For Gerrit user bob:
$ git config --global url.http://firstname.lastname@example.org/p/ITK.insteadOf email@example.com:ITK
- Generate a password at http://review.source.kitware.com/#/settings/http-password
- A password prompt will be presented when pushing patches to Gerrit.
This requires Git 1.6.6 or newer.
Authorized community members may merge patches to the
itk.org repositories, but most community members do not need or have merge permissions. All patches from all community members go through Gerrit Code Review, and patches will be merged by one of the maintainers after it has been reviewed.
Follow these steps to set up access: