ITK/Configuring and Building/MinGW
To build ITK using MinGW on Windows 7, follow these instructions.
Download from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=files
or if there is a later version from the time that this page was written, download it from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/
You MUST add mingw to your path (Add "c:/MinGW/bin" to the "Path" variable here: Right click my computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment variables)
- Launch the CMake GUI (from the normal shortcut in the Start Menu)
- Next to "Where is the source code:", click "Browse Source..." and navigate to where you cloned the repository with Git.
- Next to "Where to build the binaries:", select "Browse Build..." and select a place to build the ITK library. For example, you could use c:\build\ITK. This directory MUST NOT be inside the directory where you cloned the repository.
- Click "Configure", and then specify "MinGW" as the generator for this project.
- Choose your build options. I like to UNCHECK BUILD_EXAMPLES and BUILD_TESTING as they speed up the build process significantly.
- Click "Generate".
- Navigate to the Build directory you specified through CMake