From KitwarePublicJump to navigationJump to search
Displays like the CAVE can be formed in various configurations. In ParaView these configurations can be specified using the PVX configuration XML file.
Where to specify this?
- pvx file can be specified as the last command line argument for any of the server processes.
- Typically the pvx file is specified for all the executables whose environment is being changed using the pvx file. In case of data-server/render-server configuration, if you are setting up the environment for the two processes groups, then the pvx file must be passed as a command line option to both the executables: pvdataserver and pvrenderserver.
- When running in parallel the file is read on all nodes, hence must be present on all nodes.
- Only 2 vectors ([LowerRight - LowerLef] and [UpperLeft - LowerLeft]) are needed, the third vector is computed from these 2.
- Turn on
- run the servers using the pvx file:
mpiexec -np 2 pvserver cave.pvx
- start and connect a client
- See below for an example of a cave configuration file
<source lang="xml"> <?xml version="1.0" ?> <pvx>
<Process Type="client" /> <Process Type="server"> <Machine Name="Erna" Environment="DISPLAY=:0" LowerLeft="-1 -1 -2" LowerRight="1 -1 -2" UpperLeft="-1 1 -2" /> <Machine Name="Erna" Environment="DISPLAY=:0" LowerLeft="1 -1 2" LowerRight="-1 -1 2" UpperLeft="1 1 2" /> </Process>
- See vtkCaveRenderManager::ComputeCamera for more information on how the coordinates are used to configure the cameras
- The rendering on the server is full screen by default. If you want the windows to be smaller for debugging, set the environment variable PV_ICET_WINDOW_BORDERS=1 on the client machine.