[vtkusers] vtkImageStack with blending options

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:59:50 EDT 2016

Hi Simon,

The vtkTexture class provides some control over blending modes, and this
feature could also be added to vtkOpenGLImageSliceMapper (which uses
vtkTexture internally, for the OpenGL2 backend).  If it was added there,
then it could be used with vtkImageStack or anywhere else that the
vtkImageSlice/vtkImageActor classes are used.

I've had this feature on my mind for a long while, but I haven't had any
work projects that need it yet.  If you want to tinker around with
vtkOpenGLImageSliceMapper and get things working to your satisfaction, I'd
gladly help to get your changes into VTK.

 - David