[vtkusers] PyQt SIP wrapping test fails

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Aug 31 18:22:52 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011 06:50:56 am Eric E. Monson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is anyone able to successfully run TestQVTKWidget.py with the current
> development VTK version? I don't think any dashboards cover it and I get:
>
> ERROR: testQVTKWidget (__main__.TestQVTKWidget)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "TestQVTKWidget.py", line 22, in testQVTKWidget
>     w2.SetRenderWindow(win2)
> TypeError: QVTKWidget.SetRenderWindow(): argument 1 has unexpected type
> 'vtkobject'
>
> I hadn't updated VTK since May, and decided to do so yesterday. Some of the
> new ContextInteractorStyle Charts stuff broke the way I set up charts with
> PyQt4 (using QVTKRenderWindowInteractor), and I couldn't fix it, so I
> thought I'd check how hard it would be to switch over to the QVTKWidget,
> but I can't get the test or my other examples to run...
>
> My (Py)Qt stuff may be out of date, so I could update if anyone thought
> that would help: OS X 10.6.8, system Python 2.6.1, Qt 4.7.0 (from source,
> cocoa, x86_64), PyQt 4.8.1, sip 4.11.2.

It doesn't work for me anymore either.  It works in the release branch though.

As for the dashboard coverage, Jeff Baumes would know the status of that.

I did a git bisect to see which commit caused the problem, but its not obvious
why that commit caused the problem.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc