[vtkusers] PyQt SIP wrapping test fails

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Aug 23 08:50:56 EDT 2011

Hey all,

Is anyone able to successfully run TestQVTKWidget.py with the current development VTK version? I don't think any dashboards cover it and I get:

ERROR: testQVTKWidget (__main__.TestQVTKWidget)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "TestQVTKWidget.py", line 22, in testQVTKWidget
    w2.SetRenderWindow(win2)
TypeError: QVTKWidget.SetRenderWindow(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'vtkobject'

I hadn't updated VTK since May, and decided to do so yesterday. Some of the new ContextInteractorStyle Charts stuff broke the way I set up charts with PyQt4 (using QVTKRenderWindowInteractor), and I couldn't fix it, so I thought I'd check how hard it would be to switch over to the QVTKWidget, but I can't get the test or my other examples to run...

My (Py)Qt stuff may be out of date, so I could update if anyone thought that would help: OS X 10.6.8, system Python 2.6.1, Qt 4.7.0 (from source, cocoa, x86_64), PyQt 4.8.1, sip 4.11.2.

Thanks,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group