[vtkusers] VTK cvs compile errors - reserved words near & far

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon Jan 18 11:23:49 EST 2010

Im updating my VTK build to the latest cvs and I am
running into a slew of fatal syntax errors that are caused
by the use of "near" and "far" in vtkShadowMapPass.cxx.
These variable names are already #defined in windef.h.
Im using VS Express 2005 static build on Win32 Vista.
Changing (for example) "near" to "_near" and "far" to "_far"
resolves the issues.  Any suggestions on a better fix than
prepending with "_" ?

 Dean