[vtkusers] What Is Wrong With My VTK Pipeline ?

JohnMark zhaojunxp at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 08:35:06 EDT 2007

thank you for your suggestion , Amy ,
   but from the user guide , we can see there is a subclass of vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper :
vtkHAVSVolumeMapper , and it can work for vtkImageData , although it would need some help from the
hardware . so , should I think that vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper can not take vtkImageData as input
ports , even though you make some transformation ?
    or in other words , when I do my volume rendering , and my input ports are the objects of
vtkImageData , I should use the subclasses of vtkVolumeMapper instead of
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper ? is there any method to do volume rendering with vtkImageData ( or
the readers of .dcm images )and the subclasses of vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper ? what should I do
now ?

    thank you for your help again !

    Mark