[vtkusers] What Is Wrong With My VTK Pipeline ?

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Wed Sep 19 08:14:53 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

vtkImageMandelbrotSource does not take any inputs, regardless of the
dataset type of the input. Looking in the constructor for that class,
the last line is the following.

this->SetNumberOfInputPorts(0);

That means that even though one of the superclasses of
vtkImageMandelbrotSource (vtkAlgorithm, specifically) has a
SetInputConnection method, it is ignored by the class you're using.

If you want to volume render the dataset output from vtkVolume16Reader,
use one of the subclasses of vtkVolumeMapper, not
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper. The subclasses of vtkVolumeMapper work
for vtkImageData, which the output of vtkVolume16Reader is.

- Amy