[vtkusers] Cocoa VTK on Mac OS X 10.5

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 31 18:40:18 EDT 2007

On 10/31/07 11:30 PM, Dan Wilson said:

>I'm trying to build the SimpleCocoaVTK example project from http://
>www.vtk.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK
>  using Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), without success.

I've _just_ put a new version, 1.3, online.  You can be the 1st tester. :)
<http://www.rogue-research.com/VTK/SimpleCocoaVTK.html>

>While the VTK build itself appears to work correctly, the Xcode build
>of SimpleCocoaVTK fails during the linking stage with the errors below.

It looks like VTK and SimpleCocoaVTK are not being built with the same
SDK and deployment target.  Since you have:

>CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=i386
>CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:STRING=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

Make sure that SimpleCocoaVTK is also using the same SDK and that
"deployment target" is set to 10.4.

Or rebuild VTK and SimpleCocoaVTK both with the 10.5 SDK and 10.5
deployment target.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com