[vtkusers] visual studio 2008 and v6.0a sdk missing glaux.h

Shekhar Chandra Shekhar.Chandra at sci.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 1 22:04:25 EDT 2007

Hi Jon,

I believe the Vista SDK (v6.0) no longer supports the GLAUX library, the
earlier Platform SDK do though. You can replicate the same error by
using VC 2005 Express with Vista SDK. Vista SDK Update supports all
Windows and is most likely whats installed with VS 2008?

Which one do you have installed? Not sure what part of VTK uses GLAUX,
apparently this is no longer supported by almost everyone and GLUT
should be used instead. I'm not an expert in this. Is there a way of
using GLUT instead in VTK or by using Defines? As this will cause issues
with Vista and future Windows builds.

Cheers
Shakes