[vtkusers]Easiest way to install VTK on a PC (Windows)?

Charlotta Wadman Charlotta.Wadman at sp.se
Thu Sep 7 07:17:20 EDT 2006

Hi!

We really need some help with installing VTK.
We have used it before but always on computers where it already has been
installed and working.

We have tried to install VTK 5.0 and use it in Visual Studio 8 (C++)
Express. After 2 days of trying we're now a bit irritated that it's
still not working. We've really tried to find the error by searching the
net, subscribing to this mailing list and so on.

Here is the last mail we sent with the error we get.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-September/086890.html

Anyway!
Are there any versions or programs where it's easier to install on a
PC(Windows)? Maybe someone has a tutorial
Or a list with steps, how to do it?

Grateful for any answer!

//Charlotta and AK